Learn More – John Fremont
Chaffin, Tom. Pathfinder: John Charles Fremont and the Course of the American Empire. New York: Hill and Wang, 2002.
Egan Ferol. Fremont: Explorer for a Restless Nation. Garden City, NY: Doubeday & Co., 1977.
Gienapp, William E. Origins of the Republican Party. New York: Oxford University Press, 1987.
Images and cartoons of John C. Fremont on the Library of Congress Site
• That’s what’s the trouble with John C. – political cartoon from 1864
• Portrait print of John C. Fremont, head-and-shoulders view, facing slightly left, 1861
• Letting the last “Democratic drop” – political cartoon 1856
• The grand national fight 2 against 1 fought on the 6th of Nov. 1856 for one hundred thousand dollars – political cartoon
• John Charles Fremont, head-and-shoulders portrait, facing right, CA 1890
Works related to John C. Fremont on the Internet Archive
Online Primary Sources available through the Library of Congress
• John C. Fremont to Charles Sumner, Tuesday, June 09, 1863
• Old Abe has gone & did it, boys: song & chorus words by S. Fillmore Bennett; music by J.P. Webster. Digital ID lprbscsm scsm0197
• Abraham Lincoln to Charles Sumner, Monday, June 01, 1863 (Command for John C. Fremont) Transcription
• John C Fremont March
• Map of an exploring expedition to the Rocky Mountains in the year 1842 and to Oregon & north California in the years 1843-44 / by Brevet Capt. J.C. Frémont of the Corps of Topographical Engineers under the orders of Col. J.J. Abert, Chief of the Topographical Bureau ; lith. by E. Weber Co., Baltimore, http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.gmd/g4051s.ct000909
Museum of Local History http://www.museumoflocalhistory.org/fremont/index.htm
Longcamp Website: www.longcamp.com